Dear Prime Minister,
I have been writing to you for six weeks and I have not yet received a reply. Today I am writing about asylum seeker #43 on Manus Island Mr XXX XXX from XXX. On behalf of Mr XXX and all the other detainees on Manus Island and Nauru, please respond to the following questions:
- Will you oversee change to our laws by inserting a legislative requirement that Australian law must be made according to International law (including refugee and human rights law)?
- Can you lead the change in our language and policy from hostility to compassion?
- When will you act to meet Australia's international obligations to resettle the offshore detainees in Australia?
- How quickly can you act to reverse the damage done to Australia by the Pacific Solution?
- Can you work with the Labor opposition and government of Papua New Guinea to provide the asylum seekers on Manus Island with immediate plans to resettle them in Australia?