Dear Prime Minister,
I support Amnesty International's campaign to protect vulnerable refugees detained on Manus Island. Amnesty asks that Australia does the following:
- Immediately bring all asylum seekers and refugees to Australia;
- Ensure that all those granted refugee status have the right to settle in Australia or another country;
- Stop any actions or policies that put refugees on Manus Island at risk of further harm;
- Ensure adequate medical care for all refugees and asylum seekers suffering injuries and trauma;
- Urge the Papua New Guinean authorities to open an independent, impartial investigation into the death of Hamed Shamshiripour and other refugees on Manus Island, and into the reported attacks.
What steps are you taking to meet Amnesty's call to protect the asylum seekers in offshore detention?